Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 5 Mins (Plus 2 hours chill time)
Serves: 16 Pieces of Fudge
What you'll need:
- 450g medjool dates, pitted
- 2 Love Beets Cooked Beets
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 170g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup raw walnuts, chopped
What to do:
- Place the dates in a bowl and fill with boiling water. Allow dates to sit for 10 minutes to soften. While the dates are soaking, place the chopped chocolate and coconut oil in a glass bowl over a small pot of boiling water, stirring occasionally until chocolate has melted.
- Drain the dates and place them in a food processor, along with the chopped beets, vanilla extract, cacao powder, cinnamon, and salt. Process until thick and smooth — you may need to stop the processor, scrape the sides with a rubber spatula, and start again several times.
- Leaving the food processor on, pour the melted chocolate/oil through the top and allow the mixture to process until smooth.
- Fold the chopped walnut into the fudge mixture with a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the fudge mixture to a parchment-lined 8″ by 8″ square baking pan and spread evenly. Place another piece of parchment paper on top of the fudge and gently press down in order to create an even, packed layer.
- Refrigerate at least two hours. Turn the block of fudge out onto a cutting board and slice into 16 square with s sharp knife.
Note: fudge can be stored in a ziplock bag in the freezer, or in a sealed container in the refrigerator.