Balsamic Green Beans & Beets with Pecans, Bacon &
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need:
- 3 strips thick-cut bacon
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed and chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets cooked beets, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup goat chèvre
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
What to do:
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy (about 3-4 minutes).
- Place the strips of bacon on a cutting board, leaving the bacon drippings in the pan.
- Add the green beans and minced garlic to the pan with the bacon drippings and sauté stirring frequently until green beans have softened but are still al dente (about 8 minutes).
- Add the chopped beets and salt and continue to sauté until beets are hot (about 2 minutes).
- While the vegetables are sautéing, pour the balsamic vinegar into a small skillet and bring to a full boil. Allow vinegar to boil until reduced by half (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- Once the vegetables have finished cooking, transfer them to a large serving platter or serving bowl.
- Chop the strips of bacon and sprinkle on top of the green beans and beets.
- Add the pecans and goat cheese. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over everything and serve.
*NOTE: You can make this recipe vegetarian and/or vegan by omitting the bacon and goat cheese. If omitting the bacon, sauté the vegetables in 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil or butter.