Beet, Brie, and Kale Frittata
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 40 mins
Serves: 4 - 6
What you'll need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Russian kale, leaves finely chopped
- 10 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup half & half (half & half is equal parts full cream milk and light cream)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, thinly sliced
- 60g brie cheese, sliced
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron or oven-safe skillet. Add the green onion, garlic, and kale, and sauté, stirring occasionally until kale has wilted – about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Beat eggs, half & half, and sea salt together until well combined. Pour this mixture into the skillet with the veggies.
- Layer the sliced beets and brie on top of the egg mixture and place skillet on the centre rack of the oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until eggs have set up and are golden brown on top.
- Allow frittata to cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving.