Honey Glazed Brussels Sprouts & Beets with Blue Cheese
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need:
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets, diced
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts, chopped
What to do:
- In a large (12-inch) sauté pan, heat the oil and butter to medium heat.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and allow them to cook cut-side down for 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add the garlic and the water and cook 3 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
- Place a cover over the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until all of the liquid is absorbed and Brussels sprouts have reached desired “done-ness.”
- Add the honey and chopped beets and heat just until the beets are hot (about 1-2 minutes).
- Transfer the sautéed Brussels sprouts and beets to a serving dish and add the blue cheese crumbles and chopped walnuts. Toss everything together and serve.