Reginette Pasta with Beet & Sour Cream Sauce
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
What you'll need:
- 280g Reginette pasta
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pack of Cooked Beets
- 2tsp olive oil
- 200ml low fat sour cream
- 2 large handful rocket
- Small bunch of Chives, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
To Serve (optional):
- Your favorite salad dressing or a drizzle of olive oil
- Parmesan Cheese
What to do:
- Boil a pot of water, and cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, roughly chop the shallots, garlic and beets. Heat the oil in a saucepan and saute the shallots for 5-6 minutes until they start to soften. Add the garlic and cook for and another 2 minutes.
- Take off the heat and add the beats and sour cream to the pan. Blend the mixture using a hand blender or food processor to a coarse sauce. Taste and season well with salt and black pepper.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and return to the pan. Pour the warm sauce over the pasta and toss to coat the pasta well.
- In a separate bowl, dress the rocket with a little oil or your favorite salad dressing (optional).
- Scatter a little rocket over each plate, then top with the beet pasta. Drizzle over any sauce left in the pan and sprinkle over the chives. Top with the remaining rocket and a few shavings of Parmesan (optional).