Zucchini Noodle Pasta with Beet Marinara Sauce
Serves: 2 - 3
Preparation Time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45mins
What you'll need:
Beet Marinara Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets cooked beets, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt or to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large zucchini squash
- Salt and black pepper to taste
What to do:
Prepare the Beet Marinara Sauce:
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the basil and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the chopped basil and remove sauce from heat.
Prepare the Zucchini Noodle Pasta:
- 1. Rinse the zucchini squash in cold water and chop off the tips and tails. Using a spiralizer (either hand-held or free-standing), spiralize the zucchini squash into noodles.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium in a large saucepan.
- Add the zucchini noodles and sauté, stirring occasionally, until noodles are hot and reach desired “done-ness,” about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve zucchini noodles with beet marinara sauce, freshly chopped basil, and grated parmesan cheese.
Note: You can have the zucchini noodles raw