Fennel, Beet and Squash Salad
Preparation Time: 25 min (2 hours inactive chill time)
Cooking Time: 25 mins
What you'll need:
Cinnamon-Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 2 large medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large head lacing (dino) kale, stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Organic Cooked Beets, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing to a small blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and innards, and chop into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the butternut squash on a large baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and use your hands to coat the squash. Sprinkle with sea salt and ground cinnamon. Roast on the center rack of the preheated oven for 20 minutes, flipping the squash halfway through.
- Add the kale, fennel, chopped beets, walnuts, and pumpkin seeds to a large serving bowl. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss.
- Top with roasted butternut squash and serve immediately.