Grilled Romaine Panzanella Salad
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
What you'll need:
For the Salad
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Cooked Beets, halved
- 12 ounces hearts of romaine (3 hearts)
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste (or 1 anchovy fillet, diced)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Sea salt to taste
What to do:
- Prepare the salad dressing by adding all ingredients to a small blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer dressing to a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high and spray with oil. Cut the romaine hearts in half length-wise, leaving the end intact so each half holds together. Spray each heart half lightly with cooking spray. Place romaine halves on the grill and cook until grill marks form and the lettuce wilts slightly, about 6 minutes, turning once half-way through. Transfer romaine hearts to a place and allow them to cool.
- Lightly spray or butter both sides of the sourdough bread slices and grill until golden brown and crispy, about 2 minutes each side. Place bread on a cutting board and chop into bite sizes.
- Lightly oil or spray the beets and grill until they turn bright red and crispy, about 2 minutes each side. Transfer to a cutting board and chop into bite size pieces.
- Separate the romaine leaves and arrange on a plate. Add the grilled bread, beets, and mozzarella. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and serve.
- Save remaining salad dressing for future salads.
Note: you can also leave the romaine hearts intact, or chop them and toss everything into a salad bowl.