Shaved Asparagus Salad with Beets & Parsley Dressing
Preparation Time: 25 mins
Cooking Time: 0 mins
What you'll need:
Shaved Asparagus Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus, shaved
- 1 bunch radishes (8 radishes), thinly sliced
- 1 large bulb fennel, thinly sliced
- 1 8.8-ounce package Love Beets Cooked Beets, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
What to do:
- Whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing and set aside until ready to use.
- Rinse all of the vegetables well and chop off the tough ends of the asparagus and discard.
- Run a vegetable peeler (or potato peeler) down the full length of each stalk of asparagus, adding the shavings to a large salad bowl.
- Once you get down to the center of the asparagus and it becomes difficult to peel, you can chop the remaining parts finely and add it to the salad.
- Thinly side the radishes and fennel bulb, chop the beets, and add to the salad bowl along with the chopped walnuts and feta cheese.
- Pour all of the lemon-parsley dressing over the salad and toss well. Taste the salad for flavor and add salt as desired.