Roasted Butternut Squash, Beet, and Halloumi Salad
Preparation Time: 20min
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Serves: 4 - 6
What you'll need:
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 1 small butternut pumpkin, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, chopped into wedges
- 225g halloumi, chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 250g Love Beets, chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon middle eastern spice seasoning
- Sea salt to taste
What to do:
- Cook the lentils according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Coat the sliced butternut pumpkin and red onion with olive oil and spread them on a baking sheet (or two baking sheets if necessary). Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, flipping half-way through, or until butternut pumpkin is soft and golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a serving platter or bowl (Note: you can serve the butternut pumpkin with the skin on or off). When vegetables have 10 minutes left, place the cubes of halloumi on an oiled baking sheet, and roast for 10 minutes, or until golden-brown and crispy.
- Add the roasted lentils, roasted vegetables, halloumi, chopped beets, pomegranate seeds, and parsley to a serving bowl (or platter). In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, middle eastern spice seasoning and sea salt. Pour this dressing over the salad and serve.