Quinoa Beet Burrito Bowls with Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing
Preparation Time: 15min
Cooking Time: 1hr
What you'll need:
Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 x 250g pack Love Beets Beetroot
- 1 x 400g can black beans
- 1 large head kale, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander, chopped
What to do:
- Combine all ingredients for Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing in a small blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour into a sealable container and refrigerate until ready to use. Note: the dressing will thicken as it chills.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to a large skillet. Heat to medium and add the sliced brown onions.
- Sauté until translucent; about 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to a medium-low flame and continue cooking for 45-50 minutes, until caramelised. Stir occasionally.
- While the onions are caramelising, cook the quinoa by adding 2 cups of water to a saucepan and bringing to a full boil. Add rinsed quinoa, immediately reduce the heat to a simmer, place lid on the pot and cook until all the water is absorbed (20-25 minutes).
- Fluff quinoa with a fork and set aside until ready to use.
- Prepare burrito bowls by adding desired mount of quinoa, kale, caramelised onions, black beans, and avocado to large bowls. Serve with fresh chopped coridander and a healthy drizzle of the Cumin-Lime Tahini Dressing.
Note: you can sauté the kale and heat the black beans, or leave them cold. Both methods are delicious!