What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 130g Love beet’s baby beetroots
- 1/2 cup coconut chips (alternatively use desiccated coconut)
- 165ml canned coconut milk
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 block dark vegan chocolate
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
What to Do
- Boil 2 cups of water and add 1 cup to two separate bowls. Add you pitted dates and macadamias to each separate bowl. Allow to soak for 1-3 hours
- Line a rectangular freezer safe tin with baking paper.
- Add soaked dates, macadamias and beetroots to a blender or food processor and blitz for 30 seconds or until no chunks remain. Add coconut chips and coconut milk and blitz for 1-2 minutes. Once blended, stir in remaining 3/4 cup desiccated coconut.
- Pour mixture out into prepared tin and smooth out the top. Freeze for 2-4 hours, or until hardened.
- Slice into 12 equally sized bars
- Melt chocolate using desired method and stir in coconut oil.
- Dip and coat all twelve beetroot bars in the chocolate and place onto a cooling rack until chocolate sets.
- Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer for 3 months. Enjoy