What You'll Need
- 2 brown onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pack Baby Beetroot 250g
- 50g goats’ cheese
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 sheet of Puff Pastry, frozen
- 1 egg
What to Do
- Thinly slice the onions into rounds, and then place in a large pan on high heat. Add in butter and mix through as it begins to melt. Cook the onions for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally so they don’t burn. They should be very soft and light caramel in colour.
- Preheat the oven and line a baking tray with baking paper. Remove the puff pastry from the freezer and place on the baking tray, allow it to defrost for 10 minutes.
- Spread the caramelized onion on the puff pastry, leaving a 1 inch border around the edge. Top with thinly sliced beetroot, crumbled goats cheese and thyme.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl then use a pastry brush to brush the border of the puff pastry with the egg. Bake the tart in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.