What You'll Need
- 250g Pre-packed Baby Beetroot
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup White sugar
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 Tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Egg
- 100g Dark Chocolate Chips
- 12 muffin cases
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 180°C and place 12 muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- In a high speed blender, blend milk, beetroot and vanilla essence until smooth and let aside.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then add oil, sugar, and beetroot puree. Mix until there are no lumps and sugar has slightly dissolved.
- Sift flour and cocoa into a separate large bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and gently stir until all is incorporated and there are no lumps. Mix in chocolate chips - keep a handful to sprinkle on top.
- Fill each muffin case with 2-3 Tbsp of batter, and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.