What You'll Need
- 2 cans or boxed cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 stalks celery, diced small
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ¾ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½-¾ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 package Love Beets Balsamic Beets, diced
- 6 to 8 slices bread, of your choice
- 3 watermelon radishes (topping)
- 12 green sugar snap peas (topping)
- Flaky salt and black pepper
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the beans, mayo, and lemon juice and roughly smash the beans with a fork, leaving about a third of them whole. Stir in the celery and green onions, honey, celery seeds, garlic powder, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Fold in the diced beets until the mixture is just barely stained pink. Taste to adjust for seasoning adding more salt if needed, a few pinches at a time until the flavor is almost umami-like, but is not too salty.
- Toast the bread, thinly slice the radishes, and cut the snap peas into 1-inch lengths. Spread the bean-beet salad over slices of toasted bread. Top with the radishes, sugar snap peas, and micro herbs. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and several grinds of black pepper.